Friday, November 6, 2009

Recycled Bag in a Girl Scout Theme

I was helping a friend put together a Halloween Costume at a thrift store when I spotted this cool purse! It was only $2.00! (It's great since I am having a handbag fetish lately!) I was inspired when my friend told me that Girl Scout Cookies are being sold early this year, so I couldn't resist turning this Babe Bag into something Theme-riffic! The outer portion of the bag is printed cloth, so just gave it a shot of Fabreeze and then looked for images on Google. I was able to print out some vintage pics, logos, cookie copies and box illustrations for the collage. I glued them on the the bag with my favorite Royal Coat Decoupage Glue. I also painted GS berets on the girl's heads. The rhinestones were already on the front of the bag!
Then, I just had to have a cookie! Samoas are my preferred weakness! Doesn't it look good? I impressed myself! Not bad for a bar coaster, broken up toothpicks, paint and hot glue! Click on the pic and see a larger view!
GOT MILK?!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

This is such a cute bag!

Related Posts with Thumbnails